4711 Golf Rd. Suite 1125 , Skokie, Illinois 60076
Hablamos Español: (773) 809-3450    |     847-786-2234
K-1 Fiancé Visa (I-129F)

K-1 Fiancé Visa (I-129F)

A K-1 fiancé Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that can lead to permanent residency in the United States. The person submitting the application (Petitioner) must be a U.S. Citizen.

Basic Qualifications:

  1. You intend to marry your fiancé within 90 days of your fiancé entering the United States on the K-1 Visa;
  2. You and your fiancé are both legally able to marry;
  3. Provide evidence of a bona fide relationship before submitting your application.

What happens after you’re married?

  • Obtaining a K-1 Visa and getting married within the 90 day period does not automatically grant your Fiancée permanent residency. Your Fiancée will need to file for Adjustment of Status (I-485). 
  • A petition for adjustment of status is a separate application that will ultimately lead to your Fiancé’s conditional residency and permanent residency thereafter. 
  • Our office can also assist you in these final steps to obtaining permanent residency for your Fiancé. 

Contact us anytime for a free consultation regarding these topics & other Immigration services we provide.  Call Today 847-786-2234


We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.