K-1 Fiancé Visa (I-129F)
A K-1 fiancé Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that can lead to permanent residency in the United States. The person submitting the application (Petitioner) must be a U.S. Citizen.
- You intend to marry your fiancé within 90 days of your fiancé entering the United States on the K-1 Visa;
- You and your fiancé are both legally able to marry;
- Provide evidence of a bona fide relationship before submitting your application.
What happens after you’re married?
- Obtaining a K-1 Visa and getting married within the 90 day period does not automatically grant your Fiancée permanent residency. Your Fiancée will need to file for Adjustment of Status (I-485).
- A petition for adjustment of status is a separate application that will ultimately lead to your Fiancé’s conditional residency and permanent residency thereafter.
- Our office can also assist you in these final steps to obtaining permanent residency for your Fiancé.
Contact us anytime for a free consultation regarding these topics & other Immigration services we provide. Call Today 847-786-2234